Welcome to Dixie Land Guide Dog Users Online, and Top Dog-2019!
We Dixie Land Guide Dog Users are the South Carolina affiliate of Guide Dog Users, Inc. Our tails are wagging in anticipation of Top Dog-2019! Our friends at Georgia Guide Dog Users and Guide Dog Users of Florida are joining with us to bring the Southeast Regional Top Dog Workshops back home to Charleston, SC! Scroll down for more information, to learn more about us and find out how you, too, can join the team!
We provide education for the sighted community and peer mentoring with advocacy for the blindness community (guide dog, cane and sighted guide users alike), while promoting one community at large.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Poochie Pawty In The Park!
to our Poochie Pawty in the Park!
Dixie Land Guide Dog Users is holding our annual "Poochie Pawty" on Saturday, May 15, 2010 from 11 am until 3pm at Hampton Park. Come join the family fun, food and lots of furries! Try your hand at one of our accessible games (for our blind and sighted guests). Wrap your lips around some of our "gooder-n-snuff" fried chicken and wash it down with some ice cold good, old-fashion iced tea. You can bring a dish, if you'd like. We'll surely help you eat it, too!
In addition to all the excitement and eats, Peter Allen Smith is planning to bring some of his Charleston Flyers to let us ride on one of those great tandems!
So, Dixie Landers & Friends, all you have to do is just show up! Now, ain't that worth the effort?
See you next month in the park!
Favorite Links and Resources
- Association for the Blind, Charleston, SC, proud sponsor of Dixie Land GDU!
- Charleston Pet Resort (a proud sponsor of Top Dog 2010!)
- Dragon Boat Charleston, proud sponsor of Dixie Land GDU!
- Gallant Hearts Guide Dog Center
- Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind Inc.
- Guide Dog Users of Florida, a Top Dog 2010 Sponsor!
- Guide Dog Users, Inc.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Guide Dogs of America
- Guiding Eyes for the Blind
- Leader Dogs for the Blind
- Pilot Dogs
- Retina Consultants of Charleston, proud sponsor of Dixie Land GDU!
- Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc.
- The Seeing Eye
- ▼ 2010 (9)