Welcome to Dixie Land Guide Dog Users Online!
We Dixie Land Guide Dog Users are the South Carolina affiliate of Guide Dog Users, Inc. Scroll down to learn more about us and find out how you, too, can join the team!
We provide education for the sighted community and peer mentoring with advocacy for the blindness community (guide dog, cane and sighted guide users alike), while promoting one community at large.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
recommended grooming services
A friend of the Dixie Land Guide Team highly recommends “Scissors-n-Suds”, owned and operated by Amber McMahon out of her home, located off of Bacon’s Bridge Road in Summerville, SC 843-312-5028.
Amber offers full grooming services, and understands the need for service animals to stay together with their handlers. She takes one appointment at a time, giving each dog her full, undivided attention.
Each dog who comes in gets Shampoo, conditioner, nails trimmed and filed and ears cleaned. As of this posting, Amber charges around $18 or $20 for larger dogs, like Labs, and around $40 for larger dogs also needing a haircut or “shave down”.
Anyone wishing to make an appointment during the week should call at least one day in advance. For Saturday appointments, please call at least one week ahead of time.
This is not a paid advertisement. If you know of a service that you think would be helpful to handlers of guide dogs or other service animals, please let us know!
Favorite Links and Resources
- Association for the Blind, Charleston, SC, proud sponsor of Dixie Land GDU!
- Charleston Pet Resort (a proud sponsor of Top Dog 2010!)
- Dragon Boat Charleston, proud sponsor of Dixie Land GDU!
- Gallant Hearts Guide Dog Center
- Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind Inc.
- Guide Dog Users of Florida, a Top Dog 2010 Sponsor!
- Guide Dog Users, Inc.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Guide Dogs of America
- Guiding Eyes for the Blind
- Leader Dogs for the Blind
- Pilot Dogs
- Retina Consultants of Charleston, proud sponsor of Dixie Land GDU!
- Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc.
- The Seeing Eye
- ▼ 2010 (9)