Welcome to Dixie Land Guide Dog Users Online, and Top Dog-2019!
We Dixie Land Guide Dog Users are the South Carolina affiliate of Guide Dog Users, Inc. Our tails are wagging! Due to the amazing response to our Top Dog-Charleston, 2019, our event hotel is booked to capacity and we are no longer taking registrations. Our heartfelt thanks to all of our registered attendees! We can't wait to see you in January!
For those of you who cannot attend in person, keep those ears up and stay tuned for our recorded sessions to be announced!
Contact the Dixie Land Guide Team!
We provide education for the sighted community and peer mentoring with advocacy for the blindness community (guide dog, cane and sighted guide users alike), while promoting one community at large.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
It's a girl!
Pictured here is Dixie Land GDU President, Nancy Moore with her new guide, Giza. Nancy and Giza were just matched on the Oregon campus of Guide Dogs for the Blind, this past Monday, February 15. Both are doing well, looking forward to coming home and exploring Charleston.
Newly-retired guide, Luna is learning to enjoy going for car rides, leisurely walks and just hanging out with her "Daddy", Dixie Land's "First Dude", Max.
Our congratulations, and best wishes for the "First Family"!
Favorite Links and Resources
- Association for the Blind, Charleston, SC, proud sponsor of Dixie Land GDU!
- Charleston Pet Resort (a proud sponsor of Top Dog 2010!)
- Dragon Boat Charleston, proud sponsor of Dixie Land GDU!
- Gallant Hearts Guide Dog Center
- Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind Inc.
- Guide Dog Users of Florida, a Top Dog 2010 Sponsor!
- Guide Dog Users, Inc.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Guide Dogs of America
- Guiding Eyes for the Blind
- Leader Dogs for the Blind
- Pilot Dogs
- Retina Consultants of Charleston, proud sponsor of Dixie Land GDU!
- Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc.
- The Seeing Eye
- ▼ 2010 (9)