It’s official! Mark your calendar for Top Dog, 2010, January 15-17 in beautiful Charleston, SC! All are welcome!
Come enjoy fun, food, fellowship, legendary entertainment and interesting exhibits (including your opportunity to meet with the nation’s top guide dog schools, all under one roof)!
Early registration (before December 15, 2009) is only $60 per person and includes meals, entertainment, Friday evening’s reception, a commemorative T-shirt and cap, plus lots more! Registration after December 15 is $75 per person.
Best Western (250 Spring St.) is offering us the unbelievable nightly rate of only $64.99 for the entire week of January 11th thru the 18th, for those who would like to enjoy more vacation time here in the “Holy City”. To get this rate, you must call the hotel directly at 843-722-4000 and tell the nice folks at the Best Western that you are going to be part of Top Dog, Charleston!
We’ll be posting updates here on the Blog, so check back often to learn more about this upcoming “Funvention”!
To register, Email the Dixie Land Guide Team. or call us (843) 608-6890, with your answers to the following questions.
1. What is your name?
2. What are your snail mail and Email addresses and the best contact number(s) where you can be reached? When is the best time to call you? (Be sure to include your time zone!)
3. What is your guide’s name, if applicable?
4. What is your T-shirt size?
5. Will you need our complimentary ground transportation from the airport, train or bus station? What is your anticipated date of arrival?
Once we receive your answers to these questions, we will be calling you to confirm and arrange payment for your registration fee.
You may also send your registration in print, Braille or on audiocassette, with a check in the amount of $60 per person registering, made payable to Dixie Land Guide Dog Users, at the following address: Laurel Jean, Program Director, 1407 D Trailmore Dr., Charleston, SC 29407.
We’re looking forward to hearing from y’all!
Welcome to Dixie Land Guide Dog Users Online, and Top Dog-2019!
We Dixie Land Guide Dog Users are the South Carolina affiliate of Guide Dog Users, Inc. Our tails are wagging! Due to the amazing response to our Top Dog-Charleston, 2019, our event hotel is booked to capacity and we are no longer taking registrations. Our heartfelt thanks to all of our registered attendees! We can't wait to see you in January!
For those of you who cannot attend in person, keep those ears up and stay tuned for our recorded sessions to be announced!
Contact the Dixie Land Guide Team!
We provide education for the sighted community and peer mentoring with advocacy for the blindness community (guide dog, cane and sighted guide users alike), while promoting one community at large.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Favorite Links and Resources
- Association for the Blind, Charleston, SC, proud sponsor of Dixie Land GDU!
- Charleston Pet Resort (a proud sponsor of Top Dog 2010!)
- Dragon Boat Charleston, proud sponsor of Dixie Land GDU!
- Gallant Hearts Guide Dog Center
- Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind Inc.
- Guide Dog Users of Florida, a Top Dog 2010 Sponsor!
- Guide Dog Users, Inc.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Guide Dogs of America
- Guiding Eyes for the Blind
- Leader Dogs for the Blind
- Pilot Dogs
- Retina Consultants of Charleston, proud sponsor of Dixie Land GDU!
- Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc.
- The Seeing Eye
- The Dixie Land Guide Team
- Charleston, SC, United States
- Dixie Land Guide Dog Users is the South Carolina Affiliate of Guide Dog Users, Inc., the largest guide dog-related organization In the United States.
Post a Comment